Installer stuck at 100% for hours

Anything (more or less) related to FastPictureViewer not fitting in the above sections.

Installer stuck at 100% for hours

Postby gordy on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:27 am

I'm running the msi installer for 1.9.348.0 (64-bit) and it is stuck at what looks like 100%

Besides using a steady 10% CPU it doesn't appear to be doing anything, no disk or network activity according to procexp.
gordy

Re: Installer stuck at 100% for hours

Postby Axel on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:48 am

Don't wait hours :-)

MSI databases are just data. The program doing the installation is the Windows Installer service on your computer. Try rebooting and install first-thing after the computer restarted.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby gordy on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:27 pm

It happened again with 1.9.349.0 - rebooting didn't help, but if I open task manager and kill the msiexec process that is using the cpu then it seems to move the installer along. I had to do this twice and the installer completed. I checked the about screen after the finished and verified that it's build 349.
gordy

Postby sfuller on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:28 am

I have the same issue--it has to do with a selected option but I haven't tracked down which option. The download spawns multiple msiexec's--one is preventing the rest from completing.
sfuller

Postby Axel on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:52 pm

It's really not going to be related to any installer options. I recommend to restart the machine and install right after rebooting.

The FastPictureViewer installer did not change literally in years, I only change it when a new file is added, which is a very rare event and again MSI files are just data files, the installer program is in Windows.

I don't know what could cause this, try uninstalling manually before installing a new version. Adobe recommends disabling all anti-viruses when installing/uninstalling their products, you can try that too.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions