thumbnails

Anything (more or less) related to FastPictureViewer not fitting in the above sections.

thumbnails

Postby jebac on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:05 am

hi.
today I bought Pro version of FPV but I have problem with displaying thumbnails in Windows XP x64 SP2. I installed FPV and RAW codec pack, all the latest versions. I don't have the thumbnails of image formats, for example CR2.
Is there maybe the problem that first I had FPV basic, I mean beyond the Pro trial time so I lost CR2 support in the first place? I deinstalled the old version both codecs and app before installing the new one that I registered.

p.s. I hope that you will develop your own PSD support for x64 systems (and not via Ardfry)
jebac

Re: thumbnails

Postby Axel on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 am

The codecs don't have any expiration mechanism. Did you see the tumbnails before upgrading and registering the program? The latest FastPictureViewer installers also contains the codecs so it is not necessary to install them separately. Perhaps something went wrong in between the two uninstall/reinstalls. Write to support at fastpictureviewer dot com and we'll sort this out.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby bart willems on Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Also make sure that windows shows them - FPV seems to be getting the thumbnails from Windows, so if they don't show up in Windows Explorer, they won't show up in FPV either (at least that is my experience). Right click "Computer", Properties, choose "Advanced System Settings" and click the "settings" button under "performance" - one of the checkboxes in the list is "show thumbnails instead of icons"

-

Bart
bart willems

Postby Axel on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:20 pm

FPV uses the system's thumbnail database (introduced in Vista) and retrieves thumbnails from there (or makes Windows create them, if it was not already done). If this mechanism is disabled (by the way of system policies, system settings or registry hacks), neither FPV nor Explorer will display any thumbnails, good observation!
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Axel on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:45 am

Photoshop PSD files are now supported in the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions