Tagging and PSD support in the codec pack

Anything (more or less) related to FastPictureViewer not fitting in the above sections.

Tagging and PSD support in the codec pack

Postby downeast on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:38 am

Just discovered FPV and your Codec Pack. Looks interesting, after testing will link to your website from some of mine.

My questions are: 1) Does the codec display PSD thumbnails? 2) Can tags be edited in all raw files supported by the codec? 3) Does the same version of both FPV and the Codec Pack support both 32 and 64-bit systems?
downeast

Re: Tagging and PSD support in the codec pack

Postby Axel on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:36 pm

Short answers are: no, no, yes.

At least two three PSD codecs exists as of today: one from Microsoft, currently only in 32-bit and shipping with one of their products (Expression Blend 3) another is from Ardfry Imaging and finally our own, part of the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack, available in both 32 and 64-bit.

The codecs shipping in out own codec pack are all read-only. Metadata like rating, urgency, labels (and upcoming keywords and IPTC data) is written in separate XMP sidecar files by FastPictureViewer Pro.

The codec pack installer is "universal" and installs 32-bit codecs on x86 and 32 and 64-bit codecs on x64. The viewer comes in two separate installers for x86 and x64; those versions are functionally and cosmetically identical, and both bundles the universal codec installer.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: Tagging and PSD support in the codec pack

Postby downeast on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Guess I wanted the long answers :) Thanks much Axel.
downeast

Return to General Discussions