Suffixes in Codec Pack

Anything (more or less) related to FastPictureViewer not fitting in the above sections.

Suffixes in Codec Pack

Postby mjh on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:59 pm

How could I go on about expanding the list of suffixes for a particular format in order to have thumbnails created for them too? I would like to add .jxr and .hdp suffixes for JPEG XR format, to begin with.
mjh

Re: Suffixes in Codec Pack

Postby Axel on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:43 am

The short answer is: you can't. Codecs are designed to handle specific file formats and extensions, it is not recommended to mess up with the registry to modify the component's registration (of course there is a longer answer but the HD Photo format you are referring to is handled natively by Windows without the help of our Codec Pack). Feel free to write us if you have some extensions that you'd like to see added to some of the codecs we develop.

Finally, *.hdp and *.jxr are recognized as images by FastPictureViewer Professional. Displaying the thumbnail strip in FPV Pro should trigger thumbnail creation for those files.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: Suffixes in Codec Pack

Postby mjh on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 am

Thanks for the reply, and sorry, I didn't realise that HD Photo was a native format :oops: But I actually ended up messing with the registry in the end and managed to enable thumbnail creation and image details for both .hdp and .jxr by cloning the settings from the .wdp registry keys, took about ten registry changes for both. There's actually just one extension that comes to mind that I'd like to see added, for now at least, it's *.jpf for JPEG2000, as it seems to be the default extension for JPEG2000 when saving with Photoshop. Hope to see WebP format added some time in the future. Cheers!
mjh

Return to General Discussions