Errors writing files and limit to files written

Anything (more or less) related to FastPictureViewer not fitting in the above sections.

Errors writing files and limit to files written

Postby deluco on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:17 pm

I just started using this software for presentations during tethered shooting. I'm using Windows XP and a Fuji S5 Pro SLR.

I have two tethered shooting modes with the S5 Pro and this problem occurs with both of them, regardless of the size of the compact flash card and regardless of the quality (image size) setting that I use:
As I shoot tethered everything looks great all the way from the camera to the laptop to the projector to the screen. However, after 18 shots, the camera will no longer fire. I noticed that when I press the shutter release button down half way (as though to pre-focus), there's a number that appears...it starts with 18 then as I keep shooting it decrements all the way down to 0, at which time the camera will not fire. I then turn the camera off and on again in order to get the counter back to 18. Is this normal and is there a way to avoid this?

Also, whenever I have to restart the camera or the software, I have to create a new file folder to write into (or delete all images from the original folder), otherwise I get a write error from the fastpictureviewer software. It appears that the file naming starts over again at the first file name every time. Is this normal and is there a way to avoid this?

I've looked thru the tutorial and the documentation and cannot find mention of the above problems.

Thank you.
deluco

Re: Errors writing files and limit to files written

Postby Axel on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Out software has no effect whatsoever on what happens on the camera side, which is governed entirely by the camera's firmware. We suggest that you start with an empty memory card of sufficient capacity, freshly formatted in-camera. Also, it seems that Fuji recommends using their Fuji Hyper Utility software for tethering your particular camera model.

You can always setup tethering and download to a specific folder with the manufacturer's software and use FPV Pro in tracking mode (T) to monitor the same folder for incoming pictures, grab them as they land on your hard-disk and display them automatically. The end-result will be the exactly the same as with the built-in PTP tethering mechanism.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions