The various 1.3 builds brought a string of codec updates with support for new cameras such as the Nikon D3100, D7000 and a bunch of other models, as well a several bug fixes and minor enhancements throughout.
Today we proudly announce the availability of v1.4, which significantly improves the usefulness of the product through enhancements to the batch file processing facility as well as several useability enhancements and new features:
- Full support for .WAV audio annotations (play with Z key). The program will copy/move/rename/delete .WAV audio annotations alongside their associated images, making .WAV handling seamless and perfectly integrated.
- View Filters. The program now supports view filtering where the user can select a filter criteria, say "rating equal or higher than 4" and see only the images matching the criteria. In this initial release, filters can be applied on XMP Rating, XMP Label, Photoshop Urgency as well as the "Copied", "Marked for Publishing" and "Marked for Deletion" transient flags, making it easy to quickly review selected images during a culling session. Press the F key to bring up the filter window.
- A dangerously powerful Rename action has been added to the Files Utilities plug-in, allowing for batch-renaming of the original images using the same renaming templates behind FastPictureViewer F2 renaming function. Templates can include EXIF information, counters and other variables, and support most renaming needs, from very simple to very complex. Beware than renaming the original files more than once using a batch renaming template may product unexpected results: say the template prepends "2011-" to all the file names. Applying it twice will result in file names prefixed with "2011-2011-", so be careful with batch renaming!
- Template-based renaming has also been added to the Copy, Move and Save-for-Web actions, allowing to rename destination files as part of the batch processing.
- Four new selection criteria have been added to the File Utilities plug-in, namely an ISO Speed condition, making it easy to select images taken at or above a certain ISO, for example, as well as new Portrait orientation, XMP sidecar and WAV annotation conditions letting users select images with (or without) such features, raising the number of available selection criteria to 17.
- The interaction between FastPictureViewer Professional and the Files Utilities plug-in has been enhanced: the program now attempts to stay on the current image after the plug-in exits (when possible) and does not reload the entire image folder when the plug-in was applied to the current image only.
- A new Clear Rules command has been added to the Rule Set menu in the File Utilities plug-in, making it easier to manage the current rules and create / edit sets representing batch file management tasks.
- A number of small cosmetic and functional issues have been fixed here and there in the File Utilities plug-in and FastPictureViewer itself.
- A cheat sheet describing all keyboard shortcut and commands available in FastPictureViewer Professional now ships with the product. It can be found in the FastPictureViewer submenu in Explorer's Start menu, alongside shortcuts to our new Twitter and Facebook pages.