Is there a "show in explorer" feature?

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Is there a "show in explorer" feature?

Postby Carlos on Tue May 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Hello, I'm trying FPV and I would like to know if there's any way to launch Windows file explorer for a specific file (as "show in explorer" from Lightroom). I see I can create an external editor for explorer.exe but it just launches the associated program for the file extension...

Thanks for any help on this.
Carlos

Re: Is there a "show in explorer" feature?

Postby Axel on Tue May 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Yes, just hit Ctrl+E and an Explorer window will open with the current file selected.

For more tips and shortcuts, check out the Cheat Sheet, which should be installed in your start menu (or can be downloaded here in XPS format for Vista/Windows7 or in good old PDF if you prefer).
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Carlos on Wed May 09, 2012 2:16 am

Thanks a lot, Axel... I *swear* I read the cheat sheet, and the tutorials, and did some research at these forums trying to find this answer... and I didn't find it! Now I feel stupid seeing it was that easy!!! Shame on me, I'm sorry!

Sorry if this is offtopic or not the place for this, but I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate you for the codec pack, I bought it some time ago and it has served me extremely well, specially regarding PSD thumbnails even for files not saved with max compatibility. Now I'm evaluating FPV, I am always switching between Lightroom (very slow when it comes to reviewing images), ACDSee Pro (fast, but slow to start up and somehow cluttered with unnecessary features) and FastStone (lean and good, love the side panels and unobstrusive behavior but it's not fast enough for me sometimes). I downloaded FPV some hours ago, at first I felt a little awkward and I thought it was not for me, but after using it and enjoying its speed, it's harder to go back to the others! I want to try it a little more first, but I guess I'll end up buying a license. As I said, I love using software that feels so powerful and lightweight at the same time, and also seeing a developer that takes so much care of his creations so, again, congratulations for your solid coding!
Carlos

Postby Axel on Wed May 09, 2012 3:53 am

Thanks for the kind words and you are of course welcome to evaluate FPV Pro to see if it meets your expectations for a lightweight image viewer.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User