Cannot view NEF:s

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Cannot view NEF:s

Postby yorgas on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi

I cannot get FPV-professional to view my NEF-files :-(

I've activated the NEF-feature during installation and I've installed the Nikon NEF-codec.

There's no problem viewing the NEF:s using Windows picture gallery so the codec must have installed fine.

But FPV doesn't even seem to recognize the NEF-files. If I point FPV to a folder with e.g. 5 jpgs and 3 NEF:s, the file number in the lower right side of FPV only says 5.

Any suggestions? I've read the other post here about NEF:s and his problem was solved by installing the codec. However, that doesn't seem to be enough for me?

Appreciate any help!

I'm running FPV on Windows Vista 64
yorgas

Re: Cannot view NEF:s

Postby Axel on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:07 pm

You need a 64-bit NEF codec to view NEFs with the 64-bit version of FastPictureViewer. Alternatively, you can install the 32-bit version of the program, which, like the 32-bit version of Photo Gallery, will use the 32-bit NEF codec to open NEFs on Windows 64, but I'd not recommend that. Get the Ardfry 64-bit NEF codec instead and go 64-bit all the way.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User