Renaming Error dialog box is always blank

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Renaming Error dialog box is always blank

Postby JohnZeman on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:50 pm

I use FastPictureViewer Pro to rename my images after I've done the initial culling on a card or hard drive). And I've noticed with the current and previous versions of the program when it encounters some errors while doing the renaming, the error dialog, which should detail what the errors are, is always completely blank. Yet when I look at the images it appears they have all been correctly renamed which is why I kept forgetting to mention this before now.

In case it matters here is the renaming mask I use:

{DateTakenUtc:Year}_{DateTakenUtc:Month0}{DateTakenUtc:Day0}_{DateTakenUtc:Hour0}{DateTakenUtc:Minute0}{DateTakenUtc:Second0}_{DateTakenUtc:Millisecond0}

It doesn't seem to matter what kind of images I'm renaming either, JPGs or CR2s.
JohnZeman

Re: Renaming Error dialog box is always blank

Postby Axel on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:29 am

Hi John,

I'll have a look at this. In the meantime can you contact support @ fastpictureviewer . com and send me a screenshot of the program while this empty error message is displayed?

Thanks -- Axel
Axel
Site Admin

Postby JohnZeman on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:35 am

I'll do that Axel but it might take some time as this issue only happens every once in awhile.
JohnZeman

Postby Axel on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:04 pm

"Once in a while" as in "when you rename files on a remote network drive"? If the network drive is not a Windows Server, try the following: open the options dialog (Ctrl+O) then click the Personalization tab (left-hand side, bottom) then UN-check the "Enable atomic rename operations" option.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby JohnZeman on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:03 pm

No, I work on a standalone computer. The images are either on my C: drive or on a CompactFlash card in a card reader attached to a USB port.
JohnZeman

Postby Axel on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:43 am

OK, still, try to disable the mentionned option (and send the screenshot when you get a chance!)
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User