Built-in automatic multilingual support

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Built-in automatic multilingual support

Postby Muke on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:22 pm

Despite being of Italian origins and now living in Italy, I have lived in Africa for 40 years so my mother tongue is English.

Although I understand most things in Italian some technical terms baffle me so the automatic installation in Italian is a problem for me.

I looked in the setup and subsequently in the options and I can't find a way of changing the language back to English although prior to the most recent upgrade (1.0.106.0 x64) my installation was in English.

It's not a train smash. I've fixed it by copying the FastPictureViewer.EN.dll file and rename it FastPictureViewer.IT.dll and now it starts up in English....

... but is there a way to select the language besides the startup switch (eg. FastPictureViewer -lang:EN)?

Having said that, its still a great bit of software. Thanx.
Muke

Re: Built-in automatic multilingual support

Postby Axel on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:49 pm

There is no mechanism to override the automatic selection at this time. Fortunately, there are ways around it, as you found out already. Another option would have been to remove the *.IT.dll and the program would have fallen back to English.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: Built-in automatic multilingual support

Postby Muke on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Great. Thanks for the fast response.
Your second method is easier and faster.
I have deleted all the language DLLs (except EN) and I will remember that for subsequent releases.
Muke

Return to User-to-User