Thumbnail strip

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Thumbnail strip

Postby MichaelEzra on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:48 pm

Dear Axel,

Thumbnail strip is a long awaited feature - THANK YOU! ! !

A few remarks about it:

1. I noticed that the jumbo thumbnails are not always the same size, they are not always filling up the area allocated for them.

2. There is a strange background to the jumbo thumbnails - what is it? could it be changed?

Functionality-wise it works wonderfully! thank you again!

Michael Ezra
MichaelEzra

Re: Thumbnail strip

Postby Axel on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks, appreciated 8-) This is only the first iteration of the thumb strip, I focused on making it work with as little impact as possible on the overall speed, in particular the main part of the viewer never waits for the thumbnail strip to catch up and most of what the strip and large thumbnails does (like fetch the images) is done in background tasks.

What gets displayed is what the system's thumbnail cache has "in stock". Try opening the folder from Explorer in "Extra large icon" mode, this will prompt the cache to create the large size thumbnails.. but, it might be that some files contains a real thumbnail (which might be small) and that this image is used instead of being created from the full-size image (in some rare cases the thumbnails are displayed upside-down). Anyway the viewer does not create or manage the thumbnails directly, they are created and stored by the system's thumbnail cache, shared with Explorer, Media Center etc.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby coleman on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:08 pm

I like the thumbnail strip, but there are some instances when I'd like to disable it. I didn't see a way to turn it off, is it possible to do so?
thanks!
coleman

Postby HotShot on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:31 pm

coleman wrote:I like the thumbnail strip, but there are some instances when I'd like to disable it. I didn't see a way to turn it off, is it possible to do so?
thanks!

Read this thread ;)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=210
HotShot

Postby Axel on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:36 pm

There is no preferences option, just a crude way to enable/disable through a registry value, as described in the thread mentionned above.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User