crl.microsoft.com (Chk for publisher’s certificate revocat..

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

crl.microsoft.com (Chk for publisher’s certificate revocat..

Postby carrollmorgan on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:33 am

Axel,

I am using (and loving) FPVPro on my laptop. I had been using the non-pro version on my desktop (winXP SP2). I tried to upgrade the desktop to pro, and I am getting the above error. Basically, FPVPro will NOT open any image. I get your "What's going on?" screen. I have adjusted my browser settings as suggested...still no go.

I also disabled my firewall.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Carroll Morgan
carrollmorgan

Re: crl.microsoft.com (Chk for publisher’s certificate revocat..

Postby carrollmorgan on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:42 am

I tried the newest version (115) and none of the codecs would register with Adobe.
carrollmorgan

Postby Axel on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:59 am

For some reason your computer cannot reach crl.microsoft.com and Windows cannot check the codec's digital certificate. This is very likely a network configuration problem on your machine, or some sort of network error. Disabling a firewall is never necessary.

I'm not sure what you mean by "register with Adobe", our software has nothing to do with this company.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby carrollmorgan on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:04 am

I can shoot you a screen grab if you like.

I can't figure out why the non-Pro version worked fine. When I upgraded to Pro version is when the problem began. All on the same computer.
carrollmorgan

Postby Axel on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:29 pm

The Professional edition loads external codecs. Codecs must be signed and Windows does check signatures. This procedure has little to do with FastPictureViewer itself. I'm not sure how well this was handled on XP SP2, which dates back from 2004. The least you should do is install the latest service pack and all the current updates.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User