Is this software can see animated GIF moving ?

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Postby sage1210 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:11 am

I using Pro version but I only see animated GIF not move, like I see a merely none animated image. (of course I see it in individual frames but no moving)

What should I do ? Or just because this software not support to show animated GIF in moving state ?

Thanks.
sage1210

Re: Is this software can see animated GIF moving ?

Postby Axel on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Animations and movies are not supported and there is no plan to add such support. Yes! read below.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby noAnimatedGifs on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Nice software, but being forced to scroll through every frame of animated GIFS to get to the next image in the folder means I will not be purchasing your product.
noAnimatedGifs

Postby Axel on Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:09 pm

Multi-page support can be turned off in the options.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Turbotron on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:29 am

you guys have to create support for gif-animations. ^^ otherwise fpv professional isn't that professional since it can't even do basic stuff. it can't be that hard and it makes me question the sense of the multipage feature. give yourself a push and go for it! :!:
Turbotron

Postby Axel on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:11 pm

FastPictureViewer Pro will never support animated GIFs. As I replied nearly 2 years ago there is no plan to add this support and this is just as true today. I fail to see what a 256-color image format from the mid '80 has to do with culling photos from professional digital cameras? By your logic Adobe Photoshop, Nikon ViewNX, PhotoMechanic and many others are not 'that professional' either, as none of them supports animated GIFs...
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Axel on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:23 am

Bottom line: never say never! FastPictureViewer Professional v1.9.349.0 adds first-class support for Cinemagraphs, which happens to be... animated GIFs so yes, I finally added support for that format! Caveat: it only works on Windows 7 or later.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User