Renaming groups of photos?

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Renaming groups of photos?

Postby dd-b on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 am

I must be missing something obvious. In the FPV window, I can't seem to multi-select photos from that bar across the top. How do I select a group of photos to rename at once? It's necessary to do it in groups because I want the sequence numbering separate in each group, not going across the whole set.
dd-b

Re: Renaming groups of photos?

Postby Axel on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:30 pm

The rename function currently applies to the current image (or image stack, in RAW+JPG operations).

A future version will add batch renaming (all images) and a rename function will be added to the file utilities plug-in (F key), which will enable conditional, rule-based renaming.

There is no "file manager" within FPV that would enable arbitrary selection and actions on a subset of the images. Perhaps Ctrl-clicking the icons in the thumbnail strip could be enabled in the future, to allow multi-file operation for the delete and rename functions?
Axel
Site Admin

Postby dd-b on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:21 am

Certainly control-clicking in the thumbnail row was the first thing I tried.

I often have multiple "sessions" on one card (groups of photos I want to name differently; different locations, or different clients, or something). Picking them manually out of the group is usually how this comes out, for me.
dd-b

Postby Axel on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:05 am

The File Utilties plug-in can do batch renames and a whole lot more.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User