Viewing canon 1D Tif files.

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Viewing canon 1D Tif files.

Postby graham quick on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Following Axels advice I've upgraded to Windows 7 to gain full benefit of FPV and I've put the OS, FPV and IMatch on a 60GB SSD.

To my surprise FPV browses Tif (canon RAW) files seemingly just as fast as any other type of file.

But Tif files are imbedded with a very small jpg so I don't think FPV is reading this and the browsing speed seems far too fast for a full RAW conversion.

I thought naively that the secret was the 2.4 codecs but Windows, Breeze Browser (still needed for key wording) and IMatch still show a very small image. Any ideas anyone how its done and is it something that could be integrated with IMatch.
graham quick

Re: Viewing canon 1D Tif files.

Postby Axel on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Our Canon CR2 codec is indeed pretty quick and FPV flies on Win7 64 8-)

No idea about Breeze and IMatch though but, in related news, dictionaly-based keywording is on the to-do list for FPV Pro since a long time already. It will appear in a future release (once I find the best way to implement the keyword entry screen - I dislike everything I've seen so far - and find the time to properly implement it).
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User