Right click open from Bridge

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Right click open from Bridge

Postby dennismullen on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:03 pm

If I right click on a jpg in Adobe Bridge CS5, FastPicture Viewer is not offered as an option under Open With. Several other programs are but Bridge does not offer FastPicture Viewer making it not an option as a secondary picture viewer. Is there a way to get it offered as an option? I need to keep ACDSee as the default viewer so I can't just make it the default.

Thanks,
dennismullen

Re: Right click open from Bridge

Postby Axel on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Not sure exactly how Bridge detects the possible viewers. A quick glance at the preferences revealed that you can associate any program with any file type (as default) in Bridge, but apparently not edit the list of alternative editors.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby dennismullen on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Yes, you've got a good understanding of the problem. Now to find out how to get FastPicture Viewer on the drop down list in Bridge along with the other viewers. :)
dennismullen

Postby Axel on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:56 am

On my system there are no other viewers on Bridge's list (and I have many installed). It just shows Photoshop and Illustrator in the Open With list for JPEGs. Perhaps there is a way to edit the list but I don't know it, you may have better luck in Adobe's forums.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User