View CR2 files in FPV?

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

View CR2 files in FPV?

Postby walkman on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:14 am

I purchased and installed the codec pack on my 64bit Vista computer. I can now see my .cr2 files in explorer and Windows Picture Viewer -- but I CAN"T get them to display in FPV. I tried reinstalling FPV after installing the codec pack.

I have the home basic verison. I can't find anywhere on the website that compares features of home basic and pro versions (or really even mentions home basic).
walkman

Re: View CR2 files in FPV?

Postby Axel on Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:00 pm

One of the major features of FastPictureViewer Professional (vs. Home Basic) is raw support. The program comes with its own raw codecs (same as those in the separate Codec Pack) and supports fast JPEG previewing for very fast CR2 (and other raw formats) viewing.

The Codec Pack, on the other hand, adds support for 10 extra formats to FPV Pro, including Photoshop PSD, as well as EXIF-based JPEG auto-rotation for JPEG thumbnails and previews in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Explorer, so both products work well together.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User