Purchase without PayPal

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Purchase without PayPal

Postby Dagwood on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:28 pm

I'm having trouble using my Credit card with PayPal, it seems to think I have two accounts and I don't, however I notice somewhere on the site that it is possible to buy the Codec set without using PayPal but I cannot see how. Can anyone help please?
Dagwood
Dagwood

Re: Purchase without PayPal

Postby Axel on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:57 am

Sorry to learn about the issues you are running into with PayPal. We used to use another payment partner for both FPV Pro and the Codec Pack products, but their software distribution model did not suit our requirements (in particular for downloading subsequent Codec Pack updates) so we moved to PayPal for payment processing and to a home grown software delivery system for the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack product.

We unfortunately don't have an alternative payment method for this product at this time, perhaps the simplest is to contact PayPal support at http://www.paypal.com/support to resolve the issue?
Axel
Site Admin

Postby TomPiXX on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:00 am

Maybe you could ask a friend to use his account and give him the money?
TomPiXX

Postby jennifera on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:02 pm

How do I convince my dad that PayPal is safe and reliable? I know that PayPal is safe and reliable because I have used it once before with my mom and it is used as the main method of payment on many websites (eBay), but my dad got angry because he says that PayPal is unsafe. My dad says that other people will use our credit card information and use our money. I tried to reason with him but he just got more angry. So how do I get through a thick-headed person like me dad? Any suggestions on how to reason with him?
jennifera

Postby Axel on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Try Googling is PayPal safe or something similar... most of the negative stuff you'll find comes from their direct competitors, wanting a slice of the big cake (i.e. the millions of daily transactions they process...)
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User