Trouble with utility rule

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Trouble with utility rule

Postby snoopmo on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:05 am

I am trying to use a rule to delete files from a folder after I have copied it to another folder. Is there a better way to perform this action ?? I am getting too many errors and problems when I run this rule.

Here is the rule I am using
Where the image was copied to the Keep/Copy folder then delete it.
snoopmo

Re: Trouble with utility rule

Postby Axel on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:22 pm

The most obvious way is to move the files upfront, instead of copy then delete them. Use Alt+K to move the files to the Keep/Copy folder.

Besides that you are not very specific about the "errors and problems". If you believe you ran into a program malfunction then contact support@fastpictureviewer.com with enough details for us to reproduce the issue. We did a quick test with a few dozen files and the same rule, moving to Recycle Bin or deleting the files right away, and it worked as expected.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with utility rule

Postby snoopmo on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:47 am

Thank You, that took care of my problem. I did not know I had a move option (ALT+K). I was using "K" to put the pictures I wanted into their permanent folder leaving copies in my work folder to deal with.

I will contact the email below with my error issues plus a new one that showed up with the update I installed today.

Thanks for the great program!!
Mike
snoopmo

Return to User-to-User