Undo Save/Keep

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Undo Save/Keep

Postby RightPaddock on Mon May 02, 2011 8:09 am

Is there a way to unsave an image, other than finding it in the save folder and deleting it.

Ctrl/Z would be my preference.

Great program, just getting started today

rp
RightPaddock

Re: Undo Save/Keep

Postby Axel on Mon May 02, 2011 2:54 pm

There is no undo at this time, but this feature was suggested before and is already on the to-do list. This function is partially implemented in the current version and the "modifier key" was meant to be Shift.

The inner workings of such an undo function are not straightforward as the copy operation themselves run in the background and copying an image sometimes involves multiple files (JPG, RAW, WAV, XMP), so it's easy to see cases where the undo might come before the actual copy happened (or in the middle of it) and then you might change your mind again and re-copy it before the undo happened. This creates small difficulties...
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Axel on Mon May 02, 2011 7:59 pm

OK I went on and finished this feature, v1.5.190.0 has it: Shift+K or Shift+NumPad* will "un-copy" the current image, i.e. delete the copies (JPEG, RAW, WAV, XMP) and clear the "copied" flag. This is not exactly an "undo" function as it will not reverse a "move" operation that can be done using Alk+K or AltNumPad*.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby RightPaddock on Mon May 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Wow, your response was faster than your viewer - thank you Axel
RightPaddock

Postby Axel on Tue May 03, 2011 1:44 am

Faster? Hum, no, that's not possible :D Joke aside the feature was already 80% there.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User