Colour Management

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Colour Management

Postby PunchTheLion on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi there,

I recently bought a hardware monitor calibrater and have calibrated my monitor on Windows 7.

Everything is fine however FPV doesn't seem to match the output of Lightroom, Photoshop or Windows Photo Viewer.

In FPV, I have selected enable colour management and have loaded my calibrated monitor profile but it does not seem to match!?

I have tried disabling colour management and also standard sRGB but can't seem to match Window's default viewer, Lightroom and Photoshop. Any help would kindly be appreciated!
PunchTheLion

Re: Colour Management

Postby Axel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:31 am

Try to create a matrix-based profile (vs. LUT-based). See your calibration system's documentation to figure out what your options are. Also make sure you use only Window's color management facilities (no memory resident utility from the calibrator's vendor, for example).

Color management is a bit of a hairy topic, you may need some trial and error before you figure it out completely.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User