Auto-Bookmark Option

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Auto-Bookmark Option

Postby InTheFlow on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Ebab wrote:FPV should remember the last shown image upon exit, and automatically position to that picture in the next session. If you forget to set a bookmark, you have to search where you left off, which is not easy with many similar pictures.

Ebab said this in another topic but it seems like a separate feature request from that original thread so I've copied it here. I would very much like for this to work as he describes.

:idea:
Perhaps a way to implement this would be to have FPV optionally auto-bookmark the last image viewed on exit. Then, when re-opened it could optionally auto-load the last bookmark. :idea:

Axel-Your program absolutely ROCKS & your support is amazing! Thank you so much for adding the 'copied' watermark option whenever an image is copied...this is an excellent example of how you are open to suggestions and committed to your customers :!:
InTheFlow

Re: Auto-Bookmark Option

Postby Axel on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I'm thinking about this feature since a certain time already, perhaps it could be combined with the existing automatic folder reopen function (See Options->Miscellaneous->Automatically reopen the last selected picture folder on startup). The program could simply reopen the last folder and the last image, without needing to mess up with the bookmarks or even change the user-interface at all?!
Axel
Site Admin

Postby InTheFlow on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Yes, that would be great :!: The last folder option is nice, however if the folder has many files in it you still have to go through a bunch of images again. Especially since the program doesn't remember which files you've already copied. What I currently have to do is write down the picture number I left off on and then use the scroll feature (another nice addition, btw) to get back there.

So, yes, your idea would be a great and welcome addition. Hopefully not too hard to implement either. :)
InTheFlow

Postby Axel on Fri May 01, 2009 2:56 am

Nothing is as easy as it might look at first glance... For example, with the default folder recursion enabled, the last viewed image could be not in the chosen image folder but in a deeply nested subfolder, several levels below it, but one still expects the program to reopen the initial image folder and display the last image living in the subfolder, if possible without waiting for all images in the tree to be scanned...

A way was found to implement this properly. See the latest release info.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby InTheFlow on Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 am

Wow!!! Great work Axel & thank you so much!
InTheFlow

Return to Suggestions