Small but usefull

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Small but usefull

Postby Bagger on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:48 pm

I purchased FPV nearly three years ago, A great program, but.... I would have thought some would have suggested this by now.
I, like allot of others keep my pictures in folders in chronological order YYYY_MM_DD .
First off the new Vista style folder selection is a good improvement over the old.
But it would also be nice when I click the "new folder button" it automatically inserted the date. Instead of me having to drop to the desktop check the date, go back and type it in.
A small inconvenience doing this but would be useful if it did it automatically.

Thanks
Bagger

Re: Small but usefull

Postby Axel on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:00 am

The product has come a long way in the last three years and it's always nice to hear from early adopters!

About your specific inquiry, the folder pickers (both old and new) are standard Windows dialogs built into the shell and their behavior cannot be so finely controlled. I don't think it would be possible to use a dynamically generated name when creating a new folder, the shell simply defaults to "New Folder" I'm afraid.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: Small but usefull

Postby Bagger on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:35 am

Ok, thought there must be a reason why.
I used to use a program called QImage for copying the contents of my camera's flash card to the hard drive, this program would date name the folder for you. Something took for granted until it wasn't there any more.
But going back and using it again, it is like you suggest, not a standard windows explorer window, but a custom one.

Something as simple as that would have made an already great program... perfect ( for me anyway :) )

Thanks for a great program and all the hard work you must put in.
Bagger

Return to Suggestions