Just some suggestions

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Just some suggestions

Postby Michael on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Hello,

my name is Michael and I am new to this Forum. I like FastPictureViewer because of its speed and professional features. Frankly, I am looking forward to the IPTC editor because I use IPTC quite often.
Thank you for a great piece of software!

Here are just a couple of suggestions which could make the programme more useful (well, at least to me).

- In the lower right corner there is a slider for selecting the next picture to be displayed. If you move the slider the folder name and the filename of the picture is displayed next to the position of the slider. It would be very helpful if there could appear a visual preview of the picture next to the filename if you move the slider and stop it for some Milliseconds. This could be especially helpful if you have hundreds of photos in one folder and all of them have similar file names.

- It would be helpful if you could be able to rename files directly. Of course it would be great if FPV could suggest a new file name with some options that could be selected in the FPV options dialog, e.g. Date from the EXIF information + current file name.

- It would be great if there could be a way to quit FPV in a simple and fast way with just one mouse click. Maybe with the middle mouse button or with a click in the upper left or right corner.

- Because one of my cameras does not have an orientation sensor it would be great if pictures could be rotated in FPV. It would be appreciate if FPV could save the rotation as orientation flag in the picture's EXIF information.

- Because FPV is fast and visual appealing I want to use it as a slideshow programme. So it would be great to have one simple transitional effect for slideshows, i.e. in Auto mode. Then I could use it for showing pictures to friends and relatives which could be quite a good advertisement for FPV. ;-)
In my opinion there does not need to be a transitional effect in the regular mode because it would slow down browsing.

- And maybe it would be a good idea to collect all windows (histogram, EXIF Info and external editors in one configurable window.

Maybe some of those suggestions are worth thinking about.
Thank you very much.
Michael

Re: Just some suggestions

Postby Axel on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Welcome and thanks for the suggestions. Some of them were already in the pipeline and others will be considered. Note that you can quickly exit the program by pressing the [Esc] key.

As usual in the software business, I don't know if, when and which one(s) will eventually make it to the product, but stay tuned 8-)
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Michael on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:48 am

Hello and thank you very much.

I am looking forward to the new features and using FPV in the future.
By the way, I know that you can quit FPV with the [ESC] key. I just thought that it would be good to have another fast way to quit FPV because it would make switching between FPV and the explorer or other programmes more convinient and faster because you would not need to use the keyboard.

Thank you very much. I will stay tuned. 8-)
Michael

Postby Axel on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:21 am

It would be very helpful if there could appear a visual preview of the picture next to the filename if you move the slider and stop it for some Milliseconds.

It would be helpful if you could be able to rename files directly.

See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=182 and viewtopic.php?f=6&t=178
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Michael on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:41 pm

Hello and thank you very much!

Actually I am using Windows XP and I did not plan to change to another operating system. But after I saw the new picture preview thumbnail in the navigation slider I really thought about switching to Windows 7.

And the rename function is very powerful and very well implemented! Congratulations!

It's really great to see FPV developing so well. I am really looking forward to new functions which would make FPV even more useful. Thank you very much.
Michael

Return to Suggestions