Ability to Invert Filters

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Ability to Invert Filters

Postby tstoddard on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:05 pm

I thought I already posted this but it hasn't shown up after two weeks so I'll try again.

I work in the opposite way in which FPV expects. Instead of flagging keepers, I flag images that I don't want to keep. I do this by marking them for deletion and then only ingesting files that are NOT marked for deletion. I don't actually delete them from my camera card until after I've ingested the keepers.

I would like to be able to move through a set of photos and mark those that I don't want to keep and then I'd like to be able to filter that set so that only the images that are NOT flagged for deletion are shown. This way, I can use an iterative process for culling my images without actually having to delete any files before I do the final renaming and ingesting.

Right now, I can set a filter that will cause all images that are flagged for deletion to be displayed but not the opposite. If there is some way to do this currently, I'd like to know how. If not, I'd like to suggest it as a feature.
tstoddard

Re: Ability to Invert Filters

Postby Axel on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:25 am

There is no "invert filter" mechanism currently but I'll think about it, thanks for the suggestion.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions