Simplicity!

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Simplicity!

Postby bart willems on Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:10 pm

With all the requests for various functionality, my fear is that eventually FPV will turn into another ACDCee - Faststone started out as a fast image viewer, and has lots of functions I enjoy, but it's not fast anymore.

Is there a way any additional functionality can be stored in an external library, only to be loaded once the first image is shown? This way the biggest attraction - seeing an image as quickly as possible when you doubleclick it - does not go away.
bart willems

Re: Simplicity!

Postby Axel on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:02 pm

No worries 8-) FPV will stay simple, there is no plan to turn it into a feature fest. On the other hand, some things still needs to be added, but nothing that would compromise the basic philosophy of the product.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: Simplicity!

Postby topbanana on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:44 am

bart willems wrote:...
Is there a way any additional functionality can be stored in an external library, only to be loaded once the first image is shown? This way the biggest attraction - seeing an image as quickly as possible when you doubleclick it - does not go away.

This is a very good suggestion... One of the reasons i still use ACDSee Classic is that it loads instantly... The delayed loading would be good for all the extra 'stuff'

As far as Simplicity... I think we would like Simplicity, with the option of complexity... or configurable simplicity :-)
Everyone here has different needs for this software, so there's no reason why options/features shouldn't be implemented to answer our needs. E.g. having configurable keyboard-shortcuts would solve so many peoples queries... There's nothing worse than a tool that does only 90% of the task in hand...

ACDSee, et al. all blundered by trying to be image editors too, trying to be Photoshop... and slowing down to a near halt in the process, as Bart says.

Keeping FPV as just an image viewer/grader/sorter is the 'Simplicity' it needs to keep.
topbanana

Return to Suggestions