JPEG Rotation

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

JPEG Rotation

Postby v0vets on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi,
thanks a lot for such a great and FAST viewer - I've been looking for such a thing for years. The only (as I think) missed feature is JPEG Rotation - it works automatically ant it's great but sometimes it's necessary to rotate images (losslessly) manually. It happens and it's really inconvinient. :(
v0vets

Re: JPEG Rotation

Postby Axel on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:06 pm

Yes pictures can be auto-rotated if they contain an orientation flag, typically set by the camera. Unfortunately not all cameras set this flag yet, and sometime manual rotation is necessary.

The program supports automatic rotation and will support on-screen manual rotation in a future version, but there is no plan at this time to save the rotated file back to disk, however this might be considered also.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby v0vets on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks for fast reply.
I guess it's important to save the rotated file back to disk. If it will be only in Pro version, I'm ready to buy full version.
Vladimir
v0vets

Postby Alex on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:57 am

Manual rotation is good. And another good idea to add an option "automaticaly save rotation in exif". So, when open again, the picture can be auto-rotated. I'll realy wait this, thank you.
Alex

Return to Suggestions