FPV rocks! However ... :-)

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

FPV rocks! However ... :-)

Postby fermin on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi there

First off, this software rocks. I purchased it after testing the demo version for about 5 minutes, it's well worth the money.

Some input:

1. XMP Tagging for RAW files, in my specific case that would be Nikon's NEF format for a D700.

2. I use the program in kiosk mode and use the "k" key to copy the pictures I want to keep to my keep folder. Works great, no issues with that. It would be even better if the pictures marked to keep would also get the "copied" stamp in the thumbnail navigation menu in the top area and also in the slider navigation tool on the bottom right. The same goes for the XMP rating, would be great if the stars were also visible in the preview thumbnails. Both would probably need an on/off switch in the program's options for users who don't care to see that information in their thumbnails.

3. Speaking of the top thumbnail navigation area - could it be made to auto scroll left or right if I move the mouse pointer to the left or right edge of the navigation bar when there are more thumbnails than can be physically shown? Or maybe let the user configure how many rows of thumbnails should be shown if there are more thumbnails than can be fitted on the screen?

4. I live in Switzerland, my country setting and keyboard locale are set to "Switzerland" and "Swiss German". But Windows 7 is English, and I use English software/settings in general. Unfortunately, FPV came up in German and I can't find where to set it to English.

Don't get me wrong, these are minor points. Overall, I really like this software and have been waiting for something like it for a long time now. It was worth the wait.

Regards
Fermin

*Edit: Added something to 2.)
fermin

Re: FPV rocks! However ... :-)

Postby Axel on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:36 am

Thanks for the great feedback. Point 4 can be addressed quite simply: disable the "Localization Files" option during setup and the program will default to English. You can right-click the program name in Control Panel's Add/Remove and select "Change" to modify an installed copy, or just re-run the installer.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby thibaud on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:50 pm

haha :P isn't this yet again another one of the lonely 0,0001% of users for the language request.
how about having the option unselected by default in the installer ?
or better yet, make a poll and get to see some real world numbers. I bet you'd be surprised!
thibaud

Postby fermin on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Axel wrote:Thanks for the great feedback. Point 4 can be addressed quite simply: disable the "Localization Files" option during setup and the program will default to English. You can right-click the program name in Control Panel's Add/Remove and select "Change" to modify an installed copy, or just re-run the installer.

Ok, that worked, thanks. Can you tell me anything about the other wishes, how likely it is they'll make it onto the roadmap?
fermin

Return to Suggestions