Customize Information Windows

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Customize Information Windows

Postby vvicked on Sat May 22, 2010 5:22 pm

I love the full screen view along with the current floating windows. The only thing that is missing (for me) from full screen view is a larger view of the file name. Would it be possible to have a new floating window (that looks like the exif window) that shows large file name text or even allows the user to customize certain items to display in this window? For example, you could choose any type of file attribute or exif attribute to show/hide. Alternatively, would it be possible to add this feature to the existing exif window?

Thank you for creating a great product! Keep up the good work.
vvicked

Re: Customize Information Windows

Postby Axel on Sat May 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Full customization of the floating windows is not a simple task and is not planned at this time (let's say there are several major feature in the pipeline before it...). The recent builds let users shrink the External Editors popup (E) in order to only show the file names and sizes. What can be done easily is to add an option to enlarge the font used in this window.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby vvicked on Sat May 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Fair enough. How about just a new file name window that looks like the exif one? I would be happy with only a thin window that uses same text color and size as the exif shutter, fstop and iso text :)
vvicked

Postby Endre on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:30 pm

I agree that customization of information displayed would be a great feature. Personally, I have to use another viewer if I want to view the IPTC headline which I regularly use for captions that are later displayed in web slideshows.

OTOH, some information currently displayed would be dispensable for many people (e.g. camera model for people with a single camera).

So configurability is good if someone is there to code it :D.
Endre

Postby siba2001 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Yes, it would be a great feature to see the IPTC caption (or any other customizable information) in full screen mode or during a slideshow.
siba2001

Return to Suggestions