Copied Label

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Copied Label

Postby celom on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:12 am

HI all,

I've been a Fast Picture Viewer for quite some time but lately I've been across an issue regarding the "Keep/Copy" function: it doesn't keep track of the copied files after closing the application.

It would be GREAT (!!) if FPV could check if the file was already present in the target folder, instead of being "session based" only.

Carlos
celom

Re: Copied Label

Postby Axel on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:14 am

Build 1.2.154.0 does this but it cannot work in all cases: for example when copied files are renamed and a session date/time or sequential numbers are part of the new name, the program cannot correlate the file names anymore on subsequent sessions, so it works only when the names of the copied files are not session-dependent, i.e. when copying them again on the next day would result in the same file names, or when no renaming occurs.

The program checks the last modified time stamps and, in the RAW+JPG and/or in the presence of XMP sidecars, all files must be present in the destination folder for the program to consider an image as already copied.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions