Support for multiple monitor profiles

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Support for multiple monitor profiles

Postby inkyneil on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:38 am

I use 2 monitors that are calibrated and have set FPV to use the custom profile of my primary monitor. However when viewing images in my secondary monitor, the colors are all inaccurate. So, a request is would be for FPV to use the custom profile of the monitor it is being viewed on instead of just taking the same one all the time, much like what Lightroom and Photoshop do. Thanks, and great software by the way! :)

Re: Support for multiple monitor profiles

Postby Axel on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:48 am

The program does not select the profile of the monitor it's currently on for various reasons. As a workaround, you can create a shortcut with command-line options specifying the monitor to start on, and the ICC profile to use.

The options to start on monitor 2 and use an installed profile named, say, "profile_for_monitor2.icc" would be:

The command-line in the shortcut would look like this (the -k starts the program in full screen mode):

"C:\Program Files\FastPictureViewer\FastPictureViewer.exe" -m:2 -icc:"Some Installed Profile.icm" -k

Use quotes if the profile name contains blanks. You could create two shortcuts, one per monitor, with the appropriate profile selected in each one. It's not exactly automatic but still more confortable than changing the profile in the options.

Existing command-line switches are described in the FAQ:
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions