Lossless JPEG rotation

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Lossless JPEG rotation

Postby ciarpame on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:29 am

I'm evaluating FPV and I was impressed by its semplicity and speed.

I think is a good idea to keep it simple and not introduce editing feature. Anyway I think it would be very useful to have a lossless JPEG rotation feature for people missing the EXIF orientation tag from the camera.

I know FPV is targeting pro users who shot in RAW format using pro cameras but users like me needs to make a preliminary pass with something like irfanview to rotate pictures. Maybe I'm not alone...
ciarpame

Re: Lossless JPEG rotation

Postby Axel on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! This one is a long standing request I believe I'll have to implement it sooner or later 8-)
Axel
Site Admin

Postby ciarpame on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks for you kind answer.

I just registered FPV because you proved that as a developer you can listen to your users. Or, at least, that you can deliver kind answers :)
ciarpame

Postby Axel on Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks very much 8-) The overall goal is to be user-driven and at the same time try to innovate where possible. Some suggestions may not be implemented as-is and some others might take some time to appear, but we carefully consider everything. About half of the program's features originated from various suggestions, either from this forum or from email conversations.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Endre on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:10 pm

I second this suggestion, noting that for most purposes, setting the EXIF orientation flag would be perfectly sufficient (I currently have three of the 12 external editor slots blocked by scripts to set EXIF orientation to right, left or zero).

Thanks Axel for a brilliant piece of software and keep up the good work (hopefully with the help of many registered users).
Endre
Endre

Postby Fritz0815 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi,

I'd be happy to switch to FastPictureViewer, however there are two desires :-)

- Temporary rotate on key (phone / old camera pictures)
- Store temporary roation, e.g. in EXIF information as proposed above

Thanks for a really, really fancy picture viewer!

Fritz
Fritz0815

Postby ep7 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Fritz0815 wrote:Hi,

I'd be happy to switch to FastPictureViewer, however there are two desires :-)

- Temporary rotate on key (phone / old camera pictures)
- Store temporary roation, e.g. in EXIF information as proposed above

Thanks for a really, really fancy picture viewer!

Fritz

I second the notion for JPEG rotation.

I just purchased my copy of FPV Pro, with the assumption that this feature (which appears to be in high demand), will be added shortly.

This is an AWESOME program with excellent UI! Glad to see UAT (user acceptance testing) is being done on the interface.

cheers,
ep7
ep7

Postby foosiemac on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:39 pm

I love your program BUT I've put off registering because of the lack of being able arbitrarily rotate an image whether there be EXIF data or not.
Please consider adding rotation.
foosiemac

Return to Suggestions