Full screen toggle with mouse and adaptive window surface

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Full screen toggle with mouse and adaptive window surface

Postby Tomas on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:48 pm

I'd like a faster and easier way of toggling the full screen mode. The F11 button is a pain to reach in the dark on my keyboard (microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard) and I do most of my scrolling through the pictures with the mouse wheel so a key press isn't any faster than a mouse action. Perhaps double clicking on the picture area like in most video viewers, or clicking the mouse wheel like in acdsee could toggle the full screen mode?

Speaking of acdsee, I'd like fpv to be able to adapt the window surface size to the picture like acdsee can do. It's really practical when viewing pictures that are a mix between portrait and landscape without wasting unnecessary screen space, or when the pictures are smaller than the screen resolution.
Tomas

Re: Full screen toggle with mouse and adaptive window surfac

Postby Axel on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:33 am

All reasonable mouse actions are already taken, but wait, there is hope 8-)

Speaking of atrocities, FastPictureViewer will never changes it's window size for any reason unless the user actually changes it using the usual means. There is nothing worse than chasing a toolbar or menubar all around the screen because an app decides to changes its window size all by itself.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Tomas on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:26 am

I saw that mouse and will not be seen alive with something like it ;). Double click is a seperate action than the left click, so I still think that could be used as a fullscreen toggle action. Many video players have it that way so I'm used to it. It seems like a lot of people want to do things just a bit different from anybody else, so perhaps FPV could have customizable keys?

And I disagree with you about changing window size being atrocious, at least some times. Most times you're absolutely right of course, for the reason you bring up. It is however nice to be able to see use all the monitor's height and width without obstructing more than necessary. I've become used to it with acdsee. Maebe it could be opt in?

Are you working on this by yourself by the way?
Tomas

Postby Jetset on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Can I also add my request that a 'fit window to image' on/off keystroke option be added as per Irfanview. It is EXTREMELY useful for viewing smaller images!!!

Colin
Jetset

Return to Suggestions