Image dimensions and file size

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Image dimensions and file size

Postby track5 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi Axel,

Huge thanks for your help getting things sorted on my system, hugely appreciated... the software runs like a dream now. :)

Something I'd find hugely beneficial for my workflow would be the display of a given images physical file size (x.xxmb) as well as it's pixel dimensions (x pixels by y pixels). This wouldn't need much screen space and might be added to either the histogram or exif info but having this info visually available would be fantastic.

Thanks again,
Chris.
track5

Re: Image dimensions and file size

Postby Axel on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:17 am

Your suggestion is considered for a future release. There is some work ahead on the EXIF information window (to incorporate the lens model when possible) so I'll consider adding file size and pixel dimensions if I find some room...
Axel
Site Admin

Postby track5 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Hey Axel, good to see the file dimensions in the latest update...
Any chance you might consider including the file size with that? Maybe adding this in brackets after the dimensions would be an option? thanks :)
track5

Postby sckpsn on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi,

This post is kind of old - so maybe I am missing it or do not have something checked - but I would also like to see the file size listed.

Thank you,

Kevin
sckpsn

Postby Axel on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:26 pm

The file size is next to the image file name in the external program launcher's window.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby MichaelEzra on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:03 am

Axel,

Would it be possible to add a filename in the info box?
Filename is not displayed anywhere when in fullscreen mode, and taskbar is hidden.

Thanks,
Michael
MichaelEzra

Postby Axel on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:34 am

I'd have to add an extra line for that, so I'm a bit reluctant. There is no obvious way to add the file size too: in the RAW+JPEG case there are two files, it would take too much space (or be confusing). The information (both file names and file sizes) are displayed on the external program launcher (E key). Perhaps you can use this as "head up display" while in full-screen? One thing I can do easily is somwehat reduce the launcher's window minimum vertical size, so it can be made to take less screen estate.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby MichaelEzra on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:37 pm

Could you change the content of the info panel when mouse is over it?
You could display a filename then! When mouse it out - back to current infopanel.
With this idea you could potentially expand in the future with on-demand a more informative info panel, while keeping the elegant simple default view which we currently have.

What do you think?
MichaelEzra

Postby sckpsn on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:00 pm

The info panel is awesome. I would prefer to see the file name on the info panel, but also understand you don't want to clog it up too much. Is it possible - down the road - to have the user choose what to see on the info panel? Thanks.
sckpsn

Return to Suggestions