Request: standalone codecs

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Request: standalone codecs

Postby adambrakhane on Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:41 pm

You should consider offering single codecs at a reduced price. I only use Nikon and Canon raw so everything else that would come in the package is not of use. In addition to $15 for all, you could charge $5/$4 per codec. I understand that you can make more money by selling all of them at once, but stand alone pricing would make them more accessible to people like me who don't want to spend on things I won't/can't use.

Thanks!
-Adam
adambrakhane

Re: Request: standalone codecs

Postby Axel on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:30 am

Splitting the Codec Pack is not going to happen, sorry. This product is massively underpriced with regard to its development and maintenance costs. My nearest competitor asks for $20-$30 per codec and only offers 4 formats.

Applying the same type of pricing to the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack would bring it to something like $600 (in which case splitting it would certainly make sense). Instead, it currently sells for $14.95 on this site, which about the price of a couple of plastic lens caps.

Splitting the package would only increase the development and testing costs, and would cause the price to increase dramatically. Bundles are cheaper, not more expensive!
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions