Feature Request: Hide opening screen option

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Feature Request: Hide opening screen option

Postby janenglund on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:53 pm

FastPictureViewer is cool imageviewer and I use it as my default picture viewer.
In future version of the program I would like to see an option to hide the screen which is showing when I open images in Windows Explorer (I use Win XP). It would be cool that Windows Explorer screen would remain visible until image clicked is displayed.

Any Comments other users or Axel?

-Jan Englund
janenglund

Re: Feature Request: Hide opening screen option

Postby bxf on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:31 pm

I don't understand this.

Do you start FPV, then go to Explorer with the intention of opening a file for FPV to display? If so, why not skip starting FPV, and just double-click on the image file in explorer? That will open FPV with the selected image displayed.

Again, if I'm understanding you correctly and you are starting FPV (from START Menu, for example), why wonder that the application's window is showing? :o

Excuse me if I've got your issues all wrong :?
bxf

Postby janenglund on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 pm

bxf wrote:If so, why not skip starting FPV, and just double-click on the image file in explorer? That will open FPV with the selected image displayed.

Excuse me if I've got your issues all wrong :?

Yep, you got it a bit wrong... ;) Of course I was just double-clicking image files on (Windows) Explorer. And the pictures are shown. What I want is to disable to screen above what is shown before the picture.

Is it possible to do that?

-Jan
janenglund

Postby Axel on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 pm

There is no "opening screen" nor "splash screen" to disable, what you see if the program itself which loads quickly. From there the time it takes until the first image is shown depends on the image itself (size), number of installed codecs and a bunch of other factors. This behavior cannot be changed.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions