Go back to 1.5 for faster viewing

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Go back to 1.5 for faster viewing

Postby paul_ahb on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:33 am

I installed version 1.6 and the viewing speed slowed down to a crawl. I then reinstalled version 1.5 and it was lightning fast again.

For future versions please go back to the speed that is available in version 1.5.

Paul
paul_ahb

Re: Go back to 1.5 for faster viewing

Postby Axel on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Don't confuse the special case you observed on one specific computer with generalities. If anything, v1.6 is faster than any previous versions. Perhaps you had tweaked some defaults (like preload settings or JPEG vs. RAW conversion threshold?) and since the interpretation of some of these settings has changed over time some re-tuning (or re-setting back to defaults) was in order, nothing more.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby paul_ahb on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:27 am

Hi Axel,

Thanks for the response. I conceed that it is possible that this behaviour might not be the case for everyone.

However I did not make any changes to settings after installing the new version, nor did I make any changes after reinstalling the old version again. I did do restarts after instaling each version.

My concern is that some people may download your trial version and not see the true benefits that your software can provide. I would like you to continue to be succesful with this software and I would not want this version to cause a stumbling block for you. I am happy to perform tests for the software if you want to investigate what might be causing 1.6 to be slower on my, and maybe other people's, systems.

I am not asking you to fix the problem on my computer. I am happy with going back to version 1.5. But if I can help you solve any potential issue with 1.6 then I am happy to do so.

Let me know if there is anythign that I can do to help.

thanks,
Paul
paul_ahb

Postby Axel on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Sure. Why not ping support at fastpictureviewer dot com and we'll see what we can do. V1.6 has been available for several months now and many users upgraded. No one reported anything like this before so it has to be something specific to this computer, but it would definitely be worth to get to the bottom of the issue.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions