Advance-on-press for Copy and Publish

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Advance-on-press for Copy and Publish

Postby Supernerd on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:01 pm

I really appreciate the advance-on-keypress function for marking images for deletion. I would really like to see the same function on Copy and Publish functions. Perhaps could the advance-on-keypress be options to switch on/off through Settings for those who do not like it.
I know there's a timerbased autoadvance, but sometimes i view an image for only a second and sometimes I use a lot longer time, or even going back and forth between a couple of images several times.
Supernerd

Re: Advance-on-press for Copy and Publish

Postby Axel on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Yes the auto-next function is available for rating and deletion marks i.e, when active, pressing "5" sets 5 stars and moves to the next image, and the "X" key marks for deletion and advances to the next image, too.

I could probably easily extend it to the Keep/Copy (K) and Mark for Publishing (P) functions.

There is already a (single) preference option to control this behavior (in the XMP rating settings) and I could use the same setting and link all 4 functions together (rating, making for deletion, marking for publishing and keep/copy) to the same auto-next behavior preference, or perhaps add another option only for the Keep and Publish functions.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions