FastPictureViewer Lacking DDS INFO

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

FastPictureViewer Lacking DDS INFO

Postby LukeJ on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:26 am

I've brought the codec pack and it was what i was after i was about to buy FastPictureViewer Pro but after trying it out and seeing it lacking what i need i've changed my mind, It doesn't show really any info about DDS images at all what i would like to be added is MinMap which shows how many maps the DDS has, Also what format the DDS is also being a graphic designer this program is lacking the info i need.
LukeJ

Re: FastPictureViewer Lacking DDS INFO

Postby Axel on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Indeed FastPictureViewer Pro is a viewer oriented towards digital photography, and as such it displays information related to digital photographs like EXIF data, RGB histogram and IPTC information.

We provide strong support for DDS files in the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack, including ATI 3Dc compressed images, but this format is not a photographic format and does not incorporate EXIF data so FastPictureViewer Pro has no information to display about those files, except of course the image itself.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: FastPictureViewer Lacking DDS INFO

Postby LukeJ on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Will support be added i dont see the point of supporting DDS with out the info.
LukeJ

Return to Suggestions