Display of XMP rating/label when browsing pictures

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Display of XMP rating/label when browsing pictures

Postby schnedan on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi!

I am currently evaluating FPV Professional and I like it very much.
I use XMP rating/label for my pictures, and it works fine to rate the pictures in FPV.
But when I close FPV and open it again, FPV dose not show rating/label... of the pictures I have rated just a few moments before (but the XMP-sidecar files are created and I can see the rating with other programs).
It looks for me like FPV doese not read the XMP-sidecar files but remembers only the rating done since last program start.

In addition it would be very convenient to show rating/label... not only in the menue bar on the bottom but also in the EXIF info panel.

BR

Daniel
schnedan

Re: Display of XMP rating/label when browsing pictures

Postby Axel on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:27 pm

The program currently supports metadata creation and update, it does not read existing sidecars files, only the ratings/labels embedded within files, if any.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: Display of XMP rating/label when browsing pictures

Postby Axel on Mon May 04, 2009 3:39 am

XMP sidecar reading has been added to FPV 1.0.89.0, the program now read/writes rating, labels and urgency in and out of existing sidecar files, making round-trip XMP rating/labels a reality (you can rate in FPV, import in Lightroom, rate again and export the metadata to the sidecar files and FPV will see the updated rating the next time around).
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions