Zoom keys and the help link

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Zoom keys and the help link

Postby AlphaOmega on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:56 pm

first, i think that it will be more useful to change in the F1 screen help link to FAQ section of your site instead of just ONLINE HELP because at the HELP section there are only install instructions and the tethered Shooting Tutorial. FAQ, on the contrary, contains lots of questions users might wanna get answers to when they pressed F1...

second suggestion is that, imho, + and - hotkeys are more suitable for zoom operations. you have a bunch of other hotkeys to move through the image list, including mouse scroll, so why don't you set plus and minus hotkeys to zoom in and zoom out for 25% or so? i think lots of users will be glad to have that option.
p.s.: and i also think that the zoom level changed via thouse two hotkeys should NOT be remembered when jumping to the next or previous image unless... unless it is set so in options...

and a little offtop: what's difference between "last image in current folder" and the "last image in image list"? i didn't find those definitions in faq...
Faber est suae quisque fortunae LATIN
AlphaOmega

Re: Zoom keys and the help link

Postby AlphaOmega on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:24 pm

I want to insist, if i may, on assigning «+» and «-» keys to zoom in and out (for example, by 10% or 25%). Please....
Faber est suae quisque fortunae LATIN
AlphaOmega

Postby Greg on Sat May 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Totally agree.
What's the point in fast image loading if you can't zoom freely?
Apart from the abovementioned +- hotkeys, continuous zooming using mouse wheel - say when Ctrl is pressed - would be nice.

Zooming shouldn't be something you need to dig into preferences to change...
Greg

Postby Jonte on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:50 pm

I registered only to complain about this.
It's really ruining an otherwise nice program.

Fit to window and 100% size just doesn't do.
I wanna zoom in on the object in many pictures, the background I can do without.

In the Opera web browser the zooming goes like this 20, 30, 50, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 150% and so on. The absolutely best would perhaps be if the user could configure that himself.

I'll buy it if this gets fixed, €26 is a fair price.
Jonte

Postby Axel on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:58 am

Fit to window and 100% size just doesn't do

Right-click does 50%-6400%, configurable in the options.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Jonte on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Axel wrote:
Fit to window and 100% size just doesn't do

Right-click does 50%-6400%, configurable in the options.

Well, it's only 50, 75%, 100% and then upwards. And you have to stick to that size you choose in the options.
As if that was not bad enough, one have to press the right mouse button constantly to keep this size alteration.

My situation is like this, many pictures I have are really large, others only large (still bigger than my screen that is). I have a 1200*1600 display as my primary (pivot mode). There's always fit to window, but often I can do without the background and only want to display the object or part of the object. So everything from 30% up to 100% in 10% increasements would be useful in my case.

And, as others have said before me, the normal thing would be if one could zoom in/out using the + and - keys.
Jonte

Postby thibaud on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Jonte wrote:As if that was not bad enough, one have to press the right mouse button constantly to keep this size alteration.

that's precisely the nice thing about it. if you ask me.
I'm not saying extra zooming wouldn't be welcome(I could do without, though).
my vote for ctrl+wheel.
thibaud

Postby Axel on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:04 pm

The zooming ratio of the right-click zoom function can now be set quickly by using the Ctrl+Wheel gesture while zooming and panning with the right-hand mouse button. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=276
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Greg on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Thank you!
Greg

Return to Suggestions