Suggestion for possible new workflow

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Suggestion for possible new workflow

Postby Ebab on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:02 pm

First of all I must say that FastPictureViewer is a sensational, incredibly useful tool. I never would have thought that I would ever get a grip on my ever-increasing image collection, but now I do! Thank you!

So far, I'm quite happy with FPV's possibilities. However, there is one additional possible workflow that I would like the most: You enter your review folder and advance forward, copy the wanted items, as it is now. When you leave the folder, I suggest there should be an option to delete every picture that was reviewed in this session (the wanted ones have been copied, so all reviewed can be deleted). I believe that this mode should apply to the needs of many users.

But anyway -- thanks! I've tried so many viewers with their "smart" indexing etc. etc., but they all are only slow -- FPV is fast, which is the solution!
Ebab

Re: Suggestion for possible new workflow

Postby Axel on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Thanks for the kind words.

About your suggestion, I see your point, but at this time the program does not remember which images have been viewed among all those found in a given folder or folder tree, so it would not be easy to implement your suggestion. Still, I'll keep it in mind. I see how it could be useful when culling large collections over several sessions.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for possible new workflow

Postby Ebab on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback. As an alternative, another thing could help that should be easy to implement: FPV should remember the last shown image upon exit, and automatically position to that picture in the next session. If you forget to set a bookmark, you have to search where you left off, which is not easy with many similar pictures.
Ebab

Return to Suggestions