Problem Running v.1.1

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Problem Running v.1.1

Postby lgfraser on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi,

Windows Vista 32bit will not let me open v. 1.1, downloaded recently, because it is barred by the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) module. I have tried following the Windows Help advice by switching off DEP for Fast Picture Viewer, but Windows will not let me. I have administrator privileges on my PC. Previous versions worked well and were much valued.

Any ideas?
lgfraser

Re: Problem Running v.1.1

Postby Axel on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm aware of some issue on Vista 32 (and apparently only there) with the new version. There was two similar reports today so there must be something, however I was unable to reproduce it yet. The program is fully ASLR and DEP compatible (we actually develop and test with DEP turned on for all processes) so this is not the issue. Turning DEP off is not the solution, the program probably runs errant for some reason so it will fault anyway.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Axel on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:02 am

Two of the files shipped with a wrong version number in the 1.1 installer and the result was a mix-up between 1.1 and 1.0 files on some machines, where an existing copy was upgraded. For some reason the problem did not manifest itself on every computers, but where it occurred the program crashed immediately after startup, while initializing the plugins...

The version numbers have been corrected now. Check that all DLL files are 1.1.133.0 in the program's folder after downloading and installing the refreshed version and the problem should be fixed.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby lgfraser on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:24 pm

Thank you for that explanation. I've removed the previous corrupted version and re-downloaded.
All working OK now.
lgfraser

Postby Axel on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:35 am

Perfect! 8-)

Build 133 did not last long anyway, build 134 was just released with two brand new image codecs and some useful refinements to the File Utilities plug-in (with more to follow).
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User