Strange that no arbitrary zoom level, as in other viewers

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Strange that no arbitrary zoom level, as in other viewers

Postby Anik on Sun May 23, 2010 8:17 am

It's not comfortable that i cannot make any zoom level, with +/-, for instance or 'zoom-to-extent' with mouse-selected box, as in other browser. Zoom level, that is returned to original 100%, when I release mouse button, is practically useless...
Anik

Re: Strange that no arbitrary zoom level, as in other viewers

Postby malch on Mon May 24, 2010 5:17 am

Try Right Clicking on the image. Then hold down <Control> and spin the mouse wheel.
malch

Re: Strange that no arbitrary zoom level, as in other viewers

Postby Anik on Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Already better, thanks :) But i also want given zoom to retain when I release any buttons and mouse
Anik

Re: Strange that no arbitrary zoom level, as in other viewer

Postby Jetset on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 am

Can you update the 'Cheat Sheet' please?

I wondered why Shift/Right-Click/Mouse Wheel was stepping through pictures rather than zooming.

It should read CONTROL/Right-Click/Mouse Wheel!!!
Jetset

Postby Axel on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Good catch, it's Ctrl+Right-Click+Wheel indeed.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby Eep on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:02 am

Ctrl+right-click+mousewheel does nothing for me. There needs to be configurable keyboard commands so normal people can do zooming with intuitive keys like +/-, and an option to keep the zoom level when moving between images. FastPictureViewer could learn a lot from how ACDSee does things...
Eep

Postby Axel on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:30 pm

FastPictureViewer has a fixed-ratio zoom, it was designed this way so normal people don't need to figure out how to zoom to exactly 100% - the most useful zoom setting of all - and back: just click the left mouse button and release it when you are done pixel-peeping.

The zoom level and panning is maintained between images, even when consecutive images don't have the same size (i.e. far left is far left even if the next image is smaller or larger). There is no "option" for that, it's just the natural behavior every (other) viewers could learn from FPV Pro... But to see that you first you need to get this mouse wheel working... 8-)
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions