Some questions

Anything (more or less) related to FastPictureViewer not fitting in the above sections.

Some questions

Postby unq on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Hello. Tell please what programming language you used at creation FastPictureViewer.
I too am engaged in programming. I was interested by design and operation of your program.
thank you for answer.
unq

Re: Some questions

Postby Axel on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:20 am

FastPictureViewer is a native Windows application coded in the C++ programming language.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby tsa.prim on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Axel
At me two questions:
1. How to activate the program without connection to the Internet?
2. Whether photo turn in the program on 90 degrees is possible?
Purchase possibility depends on the answer
tsa.prim

Postby Axel on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

tsa.prim wrote:1. How to activate the program without connection to the Internet?
2. Whether photo turn in the program on 90 degrees is possible?

Activation requires to be connected to the internet (only once).

The program supports automatic rotation (from EXIF data) but never modifies the images on disk.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby tsa.prim on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Axel
Help to find the codec for files the Photoshop.
I can not find!

Thanks
tsa.prim

Postby Axel on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:55 am

There is no such thing. Adobe has a preliminary (and incomplete) codec for DNG, not for Photoshop files, at least not at this time. A company named LeadTools makes a Photoshop codec for WIC which could be used with FastPictureViewer Professional, but I'm not sure if it support all PSD features such as layers etc.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby AlphaOmega on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Axel wrote:There is no such thing. Adobe has a preliminary (and incomplete) codec for DNG, not for Photoshop files, at least not at this time. A company named LeadTools makes a Photoshop codec for WIC which could be used with FastPictureViewer Professional, but I'm not sure if it support all PSD features such as layers etc.
If I understand it correctly, PSD file format contains full-size preview of the image so other applications can view it without reading other layers and effects data. When saving file to PSD, first operation displayed on the status bar is "generating full-size composite"... so, it will be much appreciated if FVP PRO will be able to proceed with reading PSD files (it's interlnal preview images)...
Faber est suae quisque fortunae LATIN
AlphaOmega

Return to General Discussions