Conflicting product installed: Canon RAW codec

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Conflicting product installed: Canon RAW codec

Postby sidecar on Thu May 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi, I'm trialling FPV Pro on Windows 7. Works ok, however after closing the program I receive this error message from FPV:
ss001.jpg
ss001.jpg (42.68 KiB) Viewed 6464 times

Questions:
1. How can I resolve this issue: is it necessary to indeed uninstall the Canon RAW codec (which is installed and listed in Programs and Features applet) to get rid of the error message? The installed version of the Canon RAW codec is 1.7.xxx
2. When I do so, do I indeed need to reinstall/repair FPV Pro?
3. Is there another way to get rid of the error message? The camera I use is a EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi/ EOS 450D, the latest Canon RAW codec listed at canonusa.com is v. 1.9.0 (rc190upd-7l.exe) I just downloaded this one and am going to uninstall the older v. 1.7.xxx and install the 1.9.0 version: I'll see how it goes then.
sidecar

Re: Conflicting product installed: Canon RAW codec

Postby Axel on Fri May 20, 2011 4:13 am

There should be only one codec installed for any given file format. FPV Pro comes with its own raw codecs with broader platform support than existing manufacturer codecs, and improved speed.

You can uninstall the old Canon codec and repair FastPictureVIewer Pro to get rid of the message.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: Conflicting product installed: Canon RAW codec

Postby sidecar on Fri May 20, 2011 10:59 am

Thank you Axel.
Removing the old Canon RAW codec and installing the newest one didn't solve the problem. But removing the Canon RAW codec which came with the camera altogether did, just like you said. And DPP just works like before using FPV Pro's codec.
I did a repair of FPV Pro. All works like a charm now.

Keep up the good works Axel and thanks again.
sidecar

Return to User-to-User