Nikon GPS Data

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Nikon GPS Data

Postby dbradshaw on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Having just purchased a Nikon GP1 GPS unit I only seem to get latitude and no longitude when browsing in Windows Explorer when looking at NEF files (the JPG from the camera are fine).

I'm using version 2.2R2 (2.2.0.10) How do I get the longitude?

Dave
Attachments
NEF.png
NEF.png (33.73 KiB) Viewed 6974 times
jpg.png
jpg.png (35.37 KiB) Viewed 6974 times
dbradshaw

Re: Nikon GPS Data

Postby Axel on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 am

There was a typo in the codec registration. This was fixed a number of builds ago, v2.2 is quite dated already! You are entitled to a free update to v3.1 so grab it and update your computer, the issue will sort itself auto-magically 8-)

By the way, our FastPictureViewer Professional image viewer is becoming GPS-smarter by the minute, with reverse-geocoding in the IPTC Editor to fill IPTC location information (address) from a GPS point and GPS-based batch file management, like "Copy all files taken pointing north and within 1 mile of position X, Y" and the like (direction requires a GPS unit with a magnetic compass).

The program can also read GPS coordinates from XMP sidecars created by GeoSetter, Apple Aperture, or GiSTEQ PhotoTrackr just to name a few. You may want to give FPV Pro a try if you use geotagging!
Axel
Site Admin

Postby dbradshaw on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks I'll download a later version - Can I install a trial of the viewer without upsetting the registered version of the code?
dbradshaw

Postby Axel on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 am

Yes, no problems as the Codec Pack and FPV Pro setups are designed to work well together, in particular if you let the trial expire the licenced codec will be unaffected, and uninstalling the expired trial will leave your licensed codecs intact!
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User