WIC and WSS2011/WHS2011

Anything (more or less) related to FastPictureViewer not fitting in the above sections.

WIC and WSS2011/WHS2011

Postby Oman on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:21 pm

On a whim I installed the 64 bit codec pack trial on a Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials box (I own copies for my workstations). There is a media server built-in that is based on ASP .NET that uses WIC. Before installing the codec pack the server did not see my .NEF raw files as pictures at all. After installing the codec pack the media server recognized the files as pictures and is now able to extract and display the thumbnails. It will not however read the metadata or the full size images. I know this is actually a question about a 3rd party app (the media server in WSS) but I was wondering if anyone knows if this is just a problem specific to my install or if there is a way to get things fully operational. Or if anyone knows of a good gallery app for ASP that supports RAW files.

Thanks
Jon
Oman

Re: WIC and WSS2011/WHS2011

Postby Axel on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:59 pm

This might be an issue with the Codec Pack licensing, which is designed for desktop/workstation use. You should contact support @ fastpictureviewer . com and we'll try to resolve this.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions