tif + jpg, couples of images into a folder

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

tif + jpg, couples of images into a folder

Postby gianpiero.lui on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:41 am

Hi to all
I purchased FPV some days ago, very satisfied. At this moment I installed 1.6 ( BUILT 218) 64-BIT

When I open a folder containing couples of images, each one of them tif and jpg ( ex. 4548.tif and 4548.jpg ), FPV show me only one that is called 4548.jpg+tif. I would like to avoid this behaviour, and FPV show me each of them.

Thanks for any suggestion

Gianpiero
gianpiero.lui

Re: tif + jpg, couples of images into a folder

Postby Axel on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Files having the same base name in the same folder, i.e. files differing only by extension, are considered to be the same image and the program acts them "atomically" for all operations (view, rename, delete, copy, move).

This works very well for culling files shot in RAW+JPG mode, where users typically don't want to see every image twice like with nearly all general-purpose image viewers.

This feature, called stacking, cannot be disabled in the current version. In the future the program may offer some choices in that area.
Axel
Site Admin

Re: tif + jpg, couples of images into a folder

Postby gianpiero.lui on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks for your answer.
It's a very important feature, in my opinion, when you have a workflow of a group of images.
This will allow comparing the same image you prepared in different extension, but you want to appreciate any difference in color results.

thanks
/gp
gianpiero.lui

Return to User-to-User