Overlay or watermark in kiosk mode?

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Overlay or watermark in kiosk mode?

Postby ZedAgent on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:44 am

Fast Picture Viewer is the first and only optimal automatic full-screen viewing utility for shooting tethered that I've found; and I've been looking around and trying out other programs exhaustively! There is one feature I would absolutely love to see, however, and that is the ability to display either an overlay or watermark of some sort on top of the image when in kiosk mode. That would make the program absolutely perfect for my needs (which involves auto-displaying photos at events instantly as they come in).

At the very least, displaying a static graphic (just in the corner, for example) would be a terrific ability to have. Even more ideally would be the ability to display a true overlay on top of each image (i.e. I could point FPV to a 4x6" transparent png file, and it would lay it over the image).

On a side-note, if anyone is aware of any work-around for accomplishing this (possibly utilizing a separate program) I'd be keen on hearing it.

Many thanks!
ZedAgent

Re: Overlay or watermark in kiosk mode?

Postby Axel on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Believe it or not this feature is on the to-do list since a very long time. I originally envisionned it to watermark public demos or workshops but using it while tethering in front of a crowd or in presence of the customer during a photoshoot is a natural extension. What is yet undecided is how the image - a PNG with transparency - will be set but it will probably be a "magic filename" which, when present in the image folder, will be used as overlay.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby ZedAgent on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi Axel,

Thank you for the quick reply; that is very interesting! And yes, you hit the nail right on the head as far as the naturally beneficial opportunities such a feature could offer. There are two ways I could imagine the static overlay process working: sized and positioned relative to the screen, or relative to the image itself. Relative to the screen would be awesome as you could have a logo partially overlapping the image which would look great for public presentations. Relative to the image would be great as well, as I'm applying a graphic overlay to prints that I output via Lightroom 3 (I'm sure you have already, but check out that watermarking tool as an example of excellent implementation!) and it would be fantastic to simulate that overlay on the instant preview as well.

Thanks again!
ZedAgent

Postby Axel on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Check out the following post in the How To section of the forum!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1313
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions